Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Moving...?

I am supposed to renew my rental contract on Wednesday for another year. The lawyer just called and said that since I want to pay by the month (you know like a normal person) instead of in cash up front for the whole year that the rent is going to be an additional $50 a month. He tried to give me some song and dance about how I was getting a discount by having paid in advance and I called bullshit on that because I am paying what it was advertised for. He tried to tell me that paying the full year in advance was the norm and I called bullshit on that too. I got very Israeli agressive and yelled and bitched about everything from the broken refridgerator to the broken air conditioners and broken oven and told him fine, I'd be glad to move out and moving out is not a problem for me in the least so let's just cancel the meeting for Wednesday ...He did not expect that. He suggested I call Chava and talk to her. I did. She said oh because she loves me so much she's willing to keep it the same...she is talking to the lawyer. I am going to call him back. If it stays the same, fine I will stay here (I really really don't want to move but I ain't telling them that). So we'll see what happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home