Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sinai bus crash and Israelis killed

At least 8 Israeli-Arabs have been killed and more than 20 injured in a bus crash in the Sinai :(. Magan David Adom is waiting at the Taba Crossing and is trying to convince Egypt to let them bring the injured to hospitals in Eilat because they are currently being taken to Nuweiba hospital which is more of a clinic than a hospital equipped to deal with massive amounts of injured. So far Egypt is not allowing their evacuation. Thirty MDA amublances and six mobile intensive care units have been dispatched from Israel south to the crossing, and Eilat's Yoseftal Medical Center has been put on alert in the hopes that we can bring them home.

Everytime I hear about something like this it makes me wish that I was already EMT trained and volunteering. I'd planned to take an EMT course this summer so I could start volunteering in the fall but because my hebrew is still so pitiful I wasn't able to do it. I hate the idea of waiting all the way until next summer but I don't see the hebrew getting good enough before then or having the time for the course during the school year. I'm hoping the injured will be ok and can be brought home quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home