Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm melting

...into a puddle of sweat. What is up with this humidity? It was not this humid this time last year. It is not as hot and humid as what I grew up with but it is still nearly beyond endurance if you don't have an air-conditioner. Which I don't. I have a fan. Actually two fans. They are blowing hot and humid air. Even the kittens are sprawled out and unable to muster the strength to destroy anything in the apartment at the moment. That will change, of course, as soon as it gets cool enough to think about trying to sleep. They will be full of vim and vigor then, knocking things over, jumping on me and being a nuisance until the sun starts streaming in about 6 a.m. and it becomes to hot too sleep (me) and too hot to play (them)...

A week ago the weather was so nice that it was perfect sleeping weather, except that there was a war on and so I was up. Now that the war is off I'd like to be asleep (for maybe a week or two straight) but it is too HOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home