Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Holy smokes

I'd heard that a third terrorist in the plot to blow up trains in Germany had been arrested. I nearly fell off my chair when I read the article today in Die Welle: he was arrested in a student dorm in Konstanz. Little teeny tiny beautiful rural and pastoral Konstanz on the Bodensee! My Konstanz. The city, outside of Tel Aviv, that I most consider home. Nothing. Ever. Happens. In. Konstanz. While it is a little tourist haven in the summer, it is so off the beaten track that only super slow regional trains service it (we call them the Bumblybahns) and it takes a good 5 hours to get to Munich by train and you have to change in Baden Baden (driving you can get there in an hour and half at the longest). I mean to say, a terrorist hanging out and plotting attacks in Konstanz??!!

If you can find a terrorist in Konstanz, you can find them anywhere. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home