Why has no one thought of this?
Ok so here are some facts on the ground:
The Lebanese position--
1. The Lebanese do not like or want Hizbullah in their country
2. They don't like it that Hizbullah attacked their neighbor and broke all hell loose
3. They want all under-handed Syrian influence out of their country
4. Their government and army has been too weak to kick Hizbullah across the Syrian border (or bury them 6 feet under)
The Israeli position--
1. The Israelis do not like or want Hizbullah
2. They don't like it that Hizbullah attacked them and broke all hell loose
3. They want all under-handed Syrian (and Iranian) influence to stop messing about with their country
4. They are going to have a very difficult time totally quashing Hizbullah because they are hiding themselves among the Lebanese population centers
So to sum up: The Israelis want Hizbullah gone. The Lebanese want Hizbullah gone.
Why don't the Lebanese army and the IDF team up to jointly squash Hezbullah like a bug??!!
If this was coordinated between them the strength of each could counter-act the weakness of the other for success with very little loss of civilian life.
Then we could all sign a peace treaty, we could help Lebanon rebuild, we could rebuild our own decimated areas, and through joint trade we could all be a lot better off. Then the beautiful dreams so eloquently posted over on Israel 2046 could become a reality and before I'm a grandmother.
Just a thought...