Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

The post on visiting the different arabic media in Israel is still coming as soon as I can get the pics off the camera. The reason the camera turns on and then immediately turns itself off is shuk batteries. Note to the unititiated: do not buy your batteries at the shuk. No matter how great a deal they might seem, even when that cheap price is screaming your name, just don't go there. I went there last fall and still have a drawer full of these great cheap batteries. I, of course, don't have any other batteries. They will allow my baby Hello Kitty alarm clock to run for exactly 2 hours. They turn on the camera. They don't give the camera enough juice to do anything else. They, in short, are useless. So the only working set I have are in the Hello Kitty alarm clock and that puppy (er kitty) takes precedence. Tomorrow I go battery shopping at the supermarket.

Today I did a lot of cleaning. Not that you'd notice. I think there should be a law against needing to clean any space that isn't visible and screaming "look at me how nice and neat I am!" You definitely shouldn't have to open a door of any kind to discover the neatness. But now, if you open my refridgerator you will see a nice, organized and clean little space. Ditto for my kitchen cabinets (er well most of them) and the bathroom cabinets. If you walk into my living room or bedroom, however, you will see an ung-dly mess. That is because if you open the clothing closet you will a big huge empty space with nothing in it --it is uber clean, heh. Nope everything that was in it is now piled around my apartment waiting to maybe (or maybe not Muuuuaaahhhhaaa) go back in it. I have a serious need to organize my life.

Can you tell that I have a paper way past deadline? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home