Just got a call. Haifa has been hit. Checking news. Ok, no injuries reported. Things are not going to calm down any time soon. No, not a chance.
Thursday, July 13, 2006
- Name: Yael K
- Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
I am not typical. I am not your typical Aliyah candidate: I'm very secular, did not grow up in a zionist household, and have no family living in Israel. I'm not what people typically think of when they hear "Jewish": I have blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. I am not your typical American: I speak 2 1/2 languages, used to vote democratic (and I'm originally from the South!), and the last thing I want is a house in the suburbs.
So what am I? In many ways, I'm a little bundle of contradictions. Stubborn yet not overly-opinionated (at least on most issues). Shy and reserved when I first meet someone but outgoing and bubbly once you get to know me. Practical but also fun-loving and spontaneous (in a practical kind of way, lol).
I believe that I am a kind and caring person (hey, don't we all?). I am passionate about life and fiercely protective of those I love. And I'm crazy about my
3 5 6 cats. And the 40 or so I care for on the street.
- Deep breaths
- Anyone have any prozac they could spare? I could ...
- F***. Hezbollah has attacked our northern border ...
- If anyone is wondering why it is that we (Israel) ...
- The post on visiting the different arabic media in...
- Ohh. Owwwww. Ohhh.
- A small commercial break between promised posts: ...
- Important now more than ever
- Medusa (aka the Palestinian Authority)
- The Sandmonkey has made a very interesting post ab...