Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Internet has been down almost all day and still crashing on me every few second. Hope 5th time is the charm and the post will go through. I spent the entire evening with family tonight. Got treated to dinner and found the family to be really kewl. Found out that they are shomer shabbat with a few cheats --they will turn lights on and off but won't travel except on their own two feets. They do the whole kosher thing. thud. Despite that (grin) they are kewl. Nice to have family here.

Have a new addition (temporary, please G-d) to the household. Picture of her or him tomorrow. Tiny kitten. Of course. What do you do, you can't just walk past them when they are so tiny, fragile, and will die if you do not intervene. So he (I'm pretty sure it is yet another he) is in a cat carrier. His little eyes are a mess. Can't get him to eat much from the dropper. He goes to the vet in the morning. The previous baby babies hissing at him up a storm. He is a bit bigger than they were when I got them by about a week or perhaps even 2. Very fluffy even though completely filth covered. I know, I know. I was hoping to give a kitten to my cousin until I discovered that he brought along his two already. Got to meet them, er, his cats. His cats are kewl too. He still might take one. Gotta love family.

Will post tomorrow if this gets through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home