Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Heartsick

I was just in Nazareth a week ago and it is so difficult for me to think of missiles falling on that beautiful, ancient city. I was in ulpan when the news that two of our little boys have been killed and 76 others injured made me frantic. I excused myself from class and put calls through and found that the lovely people I met who are the backbone of the **Al-Ittihad Daily are safe and their families are safe. I am heartsick for the families of the dead and injured. I can't find the numbers I exchanged with several of the people at 98.1 fm and I am hoping they ard their families are also safe. I hate it when I write things on slips of paper!

Two of our soldiers have been killed on our border.

Just got home and am going to check the online news.

**The Al-Ittihad Daily was Israel's very first arabic language newspaper, started in 1944. It is the newspaper for the arabic communist party here and has an incredibly interesting history. If I ever get around to blogging about my visit to the major arabic media outlets in our country I will share it with you. Truly fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home