Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Monday, July 17, 2006

An eye-opener

Just read a post that is better than coffee to waking you up (4 cups still haven't done it for me this morning) over at The Sandmonkey's titled "Israeli-Sunni Alliance???"
There is something very weird happening in the middle-east right now: Israel and Sunni countries are starting to find common ground against an alarming growing threat: The Shia Muslims, heralded by Iran. I saw this coming, with the growing influence Iran was having in Both Lebanon and Iraq, and with their insistance on gaining nuclear weapons. I said before that the next major war in the middle-east, because of the Iranian threat, will be between the Sunnis and the Shia. There is no way around it.
Read the rest, it is truly worth it.

I've developed a new theory about when the bombs might fall on Tel Aviv--daytime. I was convinced that all the major attacks would happen at night during the wee hours of the morning, the better to catch us all unawares. But the missiles seem to come mostly during the daylight hours. Then I read in Ynet why : IDF officials estimate that Hizbullah focuses its efforts to fire rockets during day and take advantage of daylight in order to hurt as many civilians as possible.

I still can't sleep at night. I got 4 hours of sleep this morning and my batteries are starting to run seriously low.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home