Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Monday, June 05, 2006

My blog has turned into kitty central again since the arrival of new little kittens. I glanced over my recent entries and thought 'what a bizarre mix of cat stories, politics, mundane details, and a hefty amount of kvetching.'

I'm hoping the kitty updates will end like real soon (preferably if I can find homes for the little darlings in a couple of weeks). They all ate on their own today. No, not the nice mother's milk subsitute but an entire can in one go of hill's A/D. Naively, I bought one can off the vet this afternoon. I'd dropped by to plead for advice because syringe feeding them was driving me completely crazy. He said they learn how to bite and chew food before they learn how to lap things up and so to give them a little bit. Little bit?! The three teaspoons I put down disappeared before I could suck in a breath. Then they started attacking each other (I mean I never knew they could be so wicious, as Elmer Fudd would say). I quickly put down more food and extracted previously demure Little Girl's claws from her brother's face (at which point she bit the blood out of my finger). Good night! They ate the whole can and wanted more. But they absolutely did not want any of the formula. They've tasted meat my friends and the milk is toast.

My vegetarian heart quailed. They reminded me of my friend Kat now that she's gone off the veggie diet...(just kidding!)

I have to go to Beer Sheva tomorrow. Have to get my passport sorted out but think it will probably have to be Tuesday morning (why are these people only open until 11?!). My pictures I took for it make me look like a criminal. Or maybe criminally insane. A double whammy.

I'm at my wits end about the washer. I went to 2 places today that sell washers but they don't do repairs. Can I just say that I no longer recommend ABC for buying appliances. Nearly everything I got through them has broken --the VCR was broken right out of the box, the DVD player ceased playing after the 4th play, and now the washer. And they haven't responded to email or phone calls with my warranty information --or to respond to my "do you realize everything you sold me has broken inside of 7 months?". I was only half-joking when I said I might just buy a new washer. At this point I think it would be easier and quicker and make my life a lot more sane. Anything to preserve sanity at this point is worth millions of dollars. When running on no more than 3 hours of sleep a day, yeah, absolutely.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NSU - 4efer, 5210 - rulez
[url=http://bk-magazin.com][/url]

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russia - forever!
www.goldcookies.com


http://goldcookies.com/index.php
http://goldcookies.com/mcafee-for-mac.html
http://goldcookies.com/mcafee-site.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home