Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

I am glued to channel 10 following events and our Chief of staff gave a news update reporting that there is good information that our kidnapped soldier is alive. From the Ynet ticker, Abbas has called in "representatives of the Palestinian organizations in Gaza to his office. He told them that he had received an ultimatum from Israel, according to which is the abducted soldier is not returned within a few hours, IDF soldiers will enter the Strip and the organizations will bear the consequences." So far, no response from the various organizations. Earlier Abu Ubaidah, a spokesman for Hamas' military wing said that "apart from the abducted soldier, his people also hold parts of the bodies of the soldiers killed in the incident." What are they planning to have a meal with fava beans?

More updates to come if they come before my emergency dentist appt. (I can't believe I am understanding the news)
****
What a way to wake up this morning: lovely news, yes? (For anyone wondering that yes should be with heavy sarcasm). I've pretty much slept for two days with short breaks of consciousness to muzzily feed cats, clean on the apartment, stare at blank word documents that need to be filled, and then fall back into bed for "little naps" that run about 4 hours. A couple of then ran nearly 12. Then the process starts again. I did wake up on Friday night in order to have a delicious hungarian fried dough (did I say delicious already, I'll have to say it again a couple of time :) concoction cooked up for me by Noorster as consolation for missing out on Munich. I was supposed to meet her at nine but woke up at 10 and called with apologies as I frantically ran for a cab. It was all good (including the also really delicious cake brought along by another blogger) though and my lateness was very nicely excused.

Today I finally feel something like a human being again. I can locate my brain and now just have to see if I have anything left inside it...:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home