Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Update: we will know Little Girl's fate on friday. He gave her a major kitty enema. She doesn't get any food until the morning. I have to keep trying to get her to go through-out the night.

Topping my day, my washing machine seems to be broken. Came home to incessant beeping noise. Washer, half-full of water has the door light blinking. Try to open the door --won't open. Try to push the door tighter shut so its little sensor will realize that hellloooo the door is shut. No success. It won't do anything until it thinks the door is ok. *scream* There are very needful items locked in water in the washer.
***
I'm terribly distressed. "Little girl" may die and if so it will be entirely my fault. I found this small animal feeding kit on Sunday that includes a bottle with replaceable nipples. Great, I thought, this will make feeding them so much easier. And they loved it. Unfortunately they loved it too much and the boys in their enthusiasm were not only sucking on it but biting on it too. I didn't think too much about it until I saw that they had bitten the nipple nearly off and it was hanging on by a thread. Ok, no more bottles for the boys --back to the syringe for them. But I thought the bottle would be fine for Little Girl because she had not shown any biting tendencies and wasn't doing well with the syringe feeding. I was wrong and stupid. I tried her with one of the replacement nipples and all seemed fine. Then I noticed that she too was not just sucking but biting on it. I tried to take the bottle from her at that point and it as I did she chomped down hard to keep it from going --the bottle came free but the entire shaft of the nipple disappeared down her throat. She hasn't had a bowel movement since sunday. I was planning to take her in to the vet this morning for a little help with going. Then my mother told me, last night, that the rubber from the nipple is most likely going to cause an intestinal obstruction and, if so, that it will kill her. We went to the vet this morning and he gave her a lot of laxative orally. I was to give her the laxative 4 times a day. I took her out a little while ago to feed her and give it to her but she wouldn't eat at all, just cried. Then, she projectile vomited more food than I would ever have imagined a tiny kitten could hold. I called the vet and he said this is not good. He is coming in early to see her and so she and I will head back to him in about 20 minutes. If she dies it will be my fault. She is the most precious little thing.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Abnormaltalent-bos said...

Great blog you have here! I found this great site about Pre Paid Cell Phones and knew you are interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home