Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I've been in contact with the head of Engage and have been asked to pass on this information from Jon Pike, one of the members of the executive board. Please take a gander.

In personal news I have no gas for my stove. Actually, I haven't had any since like last Thursday night. I couldn't figure out why --everyone else in the building I talked with had happy little stoves. I didn't know who to call. Then my neighbor who has been away for like a month (I knew he wasn't there only because I haven't had to turn my tv up to full volume in the evenings --he's slept with at least half the population of Tel Aviv and quite loudly too!) knocked on my door and gave me a little slip of paper that was in his mailbox when he returned. It should have gone into my mailbox. It was dated April 10th and said that because I was not here for them to do some safety check my gas was going to be cut off within 48 hours. Well their 48 hours lasted nearly a month and they got the wrong mailbox. Ahhhh Israeli efficiency. So I guess I need to call at some point today and scream for them to put it back on and test whatever they need to test and all that jazz so I can cook my pasta tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home