Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I am in love. No, not with a boy, alas (alas!). But the next best thing, I suppose --the IDC. I am really so excited about the new program there and my part in building it. The meeting that I had today was just fantastic. I found out that a colleague and collaborator of mine (our first paper together just came out about a week ago) is going to be onboard in 2007 and so I am really excited. Imagine, having a colleague in-house who knows what you are talking about, does fantastic work himself, and ideas, ideas, ideas to be shared and pursued. Can you say small slice of heaven? I am going to have a beeaauuutiful lab. It is a beautiful campus. the new building is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. There are so many exciting things happening there.

I have an "out" with teaching in hebrew --if I totally can't manage it, I can do the courses in english next year. But I don't want to. If I can't manage to do this in hebrew I will never forgive myself. I will feel like such a failure. And I refuse to fail. I hate losing. I'm a bad loser. I am going to teach those classes in hebrew if it kills me. and it just might, heh.

I met with the dean and got kinda (heh) a double-compliment. When N. introduced me to her he did so with a "I think you've met once before." "Of course," she responded, "how could I forget someone who looks like she's 13 and yet has the CV of someone who is 80." Well now, I look (finally, finally) like I'm in my twenties. It has been at least 3 years since I was brought the children's menu when sitting down in a restaurant (they don't have these in Israel) and nearly 9 months since being carded when buying alcohol or cigarettes (they don't do that here either *grin*).

Next year is going to be so much fun!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home