Friday, April 14, 2006
- Name: Yael K
- Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
I am not typical. I am not your typical Aliyah candidate: I'm very secular, did not grow up in a zionist household, and have no family living in Israel. I'm not what people typically think of when they hear "Jewish": I have blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. I am not your typical American: I speak 2 1/2 languages, used to vote democratic (and I'm originally from the South!), and the last thing I want is a house in the suburbs.
So what am I? In many ways, I'm a little bundle of contradictions. Stubborn yet not overly-opinionated (at least on most issues). Shy and reserved when I first meet someone but outgoing and bubbly once you get to know me. Practical but also fun-loving and spontaneous (in a practical kind of way, lol).
I believe that I am a kind and caring person (hey, don't we all?). I am passionate about life and fiercely protective of those I love. And I'm crazy about my
3 5 6 cats. And the 40 or so I care for on the street.
- Happy Pesach!
- The Magic Cat
- phoneless in Tel Aviv
- I'm on the fence. I'm going to be taking a bit of...
- I'm strongly thinking about organizing a protest i...
- almost enough to make me religious
- Part II [On the advice of someone I respect a grea...
- (The following has been highly censored --a must f...
- Exit polls are showing the following breakdown of ...
- GO VOTE