Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm on the fence. I'm going to be taking a bit of a blogging hiatus for a few days while I decide if I will continue blogging here and, if so, what form this website will take. At the moment I'm thinking I will use it to put up information and experiences directly related to the aliyah experience but not so much directly related to my life.

One of the things that I really like about blogging is that it serves many purposes for me: it has taken the place of my diary, it allows me to tell my friends back home all the things I would otherwise be sharing in daily two-hour plus long conversations, and it has allowed me to meet, both virtually and in person many fantastic people. But I blog in exactly the same way and pretty much say exactly what I would say in a private diary and to close friends. I write stream of consciousness, my spelling and punctuation are atrocious and I don't care, and it is very rare for me to go back and re-read much less edit what I write. At the end of every month I save that month's posts (because it is my diary now) so that I can go back and re-read my experiences in the future. The thing is though, that this is a public webpage and not a private diary. I have no way of knowing who is reading or if people who are reading are discussing it with people who aren't reading who might then discuss it with others who aren't and the next thing I know the camel belonging to the Beduin who lives in the 18th tent ten hills from nowhere knows all. Dealing with censoring and re-censoring lately and having to stop and think about should I say this or...really brought it home to me and made it really not fun. Having to stop, think, and censor makes it work. So, I think the solution is for me to move "my daily life" to a private blog. That means this blog will undergo some changes.

I'm open to suggestions as to what you guys would like to see here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home