Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lots to write about but don't know which to choose and I'm really tired so I'm going to make it kinda short and just hit the highlights.

I got a promotion at work. Woo hoo. I am now a Senior Lecturer. Got the official letter and everything. I'll be really impressed if a salary increase comes along with the swelling of the title. Hmmmmmm.

Children seem to be projectile yakking around the blogosphere. Pandy felt left out. Was going to write about this this morning but it was scarily like the new entry in my fake blog. I'm looking at Mischa and wondering if he could be the one writing it. Heh. Long and short of it was I was very excited to finally be able to sleep in my bed again now that Pandy seems to be doing better. Put my fresh-from-the-dryer sheets (blue) on the bed, snuggled under the freshly washed duvet cover (light yellow with little squares of other colours like green and blue scattered about --matches the blue sheets just yofi). Turned off the light. Felt the Pandy cat climb on the bed and lie on my stomach. Started to drop off and then heard the horrid sound of impending doom. Unlike Stephanella I couldn't urge her to run to the toilet. I could only try to get the light on frantically and then try to get her onto the floor. But, before my hand found the light switch, yep. Too late. Everything back in the wash, me back on the couch. Sigh.

Lots of plans at work so I'm going to be a busy busy girl in the next few months. Lots of meetings coming up. Lots of grant proposals to put together. Desperately need to get back into ulpan classes. I can feel my hebrew slipping away and there wasn't that much of it to begin with.

Going to go eat something if I can find anything to eat in this apartment and then go collapse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home