Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Just when you thought your life couldn't get any more hideous --just watch it. This morning Pandy couldn't keep anything down again and so I grabbed her and ran her to the vet. He put her on an IV again. Checked her over. We were very perplexed as to why she is suddenly so nauseated she can't keep anything down with her numbers so much lower and being on the phosphourous inhibitor stuff. Until he said, Oh and you forgot to take her fluid home with you on Friday. No, I took the fluid home. No, because here they are. Well, I took a bag of fluids home and that's what I've been giving her all weekend. Problem sort of solved. He had handed me back a bag of regular fluids and not the one with her added anti-nausea meds. He kept her on the IV all day and I just brought her home. Am going to try to feed her and pray she keeps it down because she is now at 2 days since having any food in her system.

When I got back from the vet at time 1, early this afternoon, I discovered an email saying you know that two weeks to get the project in order....well it just got moved up to next Wednesday because we have a major meeting and presentation to, not the president (still 2 weeks off) but the major funding source we planned to turn to. Oh yipee. So now the deal is I have to get a new draft to them tomorrow and then, after comments, another draft and meeting on Thursday. Then back to B.S. on Sunday for another meeting and revision and probably another meeting also on Tuesday there again before the critical meeting on Wednesday. In addition to the written report, i need to make a powerpoint presentation to "sell, baby sell" this project.

Somehow between now and Thursday I also need to grade 7 papers, meet with 5 students (meetings planned with them solid tomorrow until late in the evening) who are now doing their thesis with me, get back to (meaning read and get back to) 2 additional students who sent them their thesis work, get a survey online for a student back in NY, write and send letters of recommendation for a student back in NY for jobs, and put a lecture together. On Thursday nite when I get back close to midnite I can so not gasp with relief but start on a 40-page article theoretically due Monday (actually it was theoretically due a month ago but if not in by monday they might chop off my head, theoretically speaking), ignore the reviewing that has piled up, and ignore at least 15 or 20 other things that people are screaming for while I work on this project.

The only good news is that last night all 4 cats spent their first 20 minutes all together in one room and no one died. No one ate anyone else.

Oh and the package my mother sent more than a month ago with all my tax information for filing my taxes (like everything I need) has disappeared into the postal system. I have to go in the a.m. to see if there is any possibility of tracing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home