Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Exit polls are showing the following breakdown of seats won for the election

Kadima: 29-32, Labor from 20-22, Meretz 5
Likud 11-12, Yisrael Beiteinu 12-14, Shas 10-11
National Union-NRP 8-9, Arab Parties 7-8, United Torah 5-6

The upset of the night was the Pensioners. yeah, remember how I said in a post that voting for a party that will get only 1-2 seats is the waste of a vote, and I used the Pensioner's as an example? Let me eat those words right now. They are pegged at getting 6-8!


My vote:
Labour. Avoda. Emet.

I had an existential crisis at the voting booth. Stood there for literally 10 minutes holding the envelope in one hand and "ken" (for Kadima) in the other. Couldn't make myself actually get it into the envelope. Finally I picked up "Emet" put it in, started to seal, then pulled it out. Grrrr. Put the two side by side in front of me and did eenie meenie miney mo (no lie). Mo landed on Emet (like ok, I already knew it would having played that selecting game zillions of times as a kid but I also knew I'd feel better about sticking it in there if there was some other something suggesting it should go in) and in it went. I sealed it. I looked up and the polling guy at the end of the table was laughing at this spectacle. I grinned back and fluttered the envelope in his direction and said, what else to do when you are completely undecided? Then into the box it went.

I walked out feeling not at all happy, still thinking but but you were so determinedly nearly almost sure you would go Kadima. The old guy who was manning a Labour table (the only party that seemed to have folks and information outside most of the voting places here --there were Labour tables outside of all 4 of the voting spots I passed today and they were the only ones) smiled and waved. I felt better.

3 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://hmarxqfm.com/kaxe/wqbn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ygfraxfc.com/nthk/ymvr.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://hmarxqfm.com/kaxe/wqbn.html | http://wzykmwom.com/naki/uait.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home