Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Another Pandy crisis and I'm not sure how it will end. We spent 4 hours at the vet today. She had blood taken, had an IV put in for 2 hours and I bring her back in the morning for some more IV fluids. She's not eating at all. Still being a snuggle muffin and talked the whole time she had the IV in and I sat next to her. Funny how fast the nerves can just go to shreds on you. I do know she has a terminal situation. I just don't know she has a terminal situation in my heart. We'd gotten into such a little routine where she was pretty much normal and my life wasn't completely revolving (well ok to most people it would seem it was but not to animal people or people with kids) around her. I'd gotten the routine of feeding and giving her fluids down so pat it was like part of brushing my teeth in my daily routine. For the past 6 days she's been progressively getting less like herself. Even for a cat there is a mother's instinct that tells you that something is really not right even when they seem fine and after her acupuncture treatment on Friday she really perked up and seemed like she was getting back to normal but I had a sinking feeling. Last night, late, I was up and unable to sleep and I couldn't think why--until I found her just sitting in the bathtub looking at the water trickling but unable to make herself drink. Meow, she said. It was a "do something, Ema," little meow. I gave her some water to drink by hand and then some more but she wouldn't stay out of the tub.

It is wait and see again. Test results come back tomorrow evening. That will go a long way to making a decision and I am fearing one I don't want to make, one I may selfishly not be ready to make. Making her more chicken broth right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home