Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Welcome to the cat hospital, please take a number

There is a cat in my house with a broken leg. He doesn't have a name yet. I don't intend to keep him. He is extremely cute. He is just a kitten. Anyone want him?

I am actually serious about the above question. If anyone knows of anyone who wants, could be convinced, have their leg broken to agree to take him, I'd be more than appreciative.

So how did I end up with a kitten in a cast? I made the mistake of dropping by the vet's place around the corner because I needed more needles for the kitty fluid-giving. There in a small cage in his office was the little kitten all drugged out from having x-rays taken. The vet asked if I could give him a hand with holding the kitty while he put the plaster cast on him. Sure thing. Next thing I know, I'm being sweet-talked into taking him home with me while he recuperates. I'm still not sure how it was that I agreed to this. and I'm thinking, ok a couple of days...as we go out the door, the vet was like "you'll need to keep him for about a month...." WHAT? Oh, and if you can find him a home...sure, I'll just go ahead and bring on world peace while I'm at it, how about?

Somebody shoot me now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home