Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Pandy is crunching down on some kibbles right now. She ate some this morning. I stuffed her with wet food this afternoon. And just now she went to the food container and sniffed at it --grabbed some kibbles (making a mix of the junkfood and the good but not tasty ones) and she went to town for a minute. I bought her a really hysterical looking cuddle tent thing today. It is one of those fuzzy-material structures with an opening only in the front that they can curl up in. It looks like a demented rabbit. Well, it actually is a demented rabbit --the opening she goes in is the rabbit's mouth, it has ears, eyes, buck teeth, and yellow whiskers. Truely frightening. It was the only fuzzy one the store had though and she needs something really warm to curl up in. Being so skinny now, she has a very hard time staying warm. She's been in it with the hot water bottle since I gave her the fluids a couple of hours ago. When I get more batteries for my camera I am taking a picture--the hideousness of this rabbit cuddle must be seen to be believed.

Tonight I am being an old lady. Rather than going out with friends, I begged off. I'm still not feeling well, though not feeling on death's door. I was on the fence about whether I might go ahead and go until about an hour ago but decided on the pj's on the couch rather than out in the cold, windy weather.

For my political commentary I just have to note that a country (guess which! Answer below, don't peek) is claiming that Israel is behind the bird flu and that we developed it in order to kill arabs and to "harm the genes of its Arab neighbors."

Answer: Not Iran! Nope, it is not Iran. Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhh.
The correct answer is Syria! Sometimes reading the news is frustrating, sometimes infuriating, and sometimes just really humourous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home