Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Friday, February 24, 2006

How ironic, rejectedby their Arab-Israeli parties Arab-Israeli women running for office have realizstic spots on the list in the zionist parties. The article is a very interesting one and written by an Arab-Israeli male. He asks "How can we explain to ourselves that, once again, it took a Zionist party to grant Arab women equality, whereas we continue to ignore them?"

You go guy! And you go gals, we need more women in office!

Saw the movie Munich tonight. Entertaining schlock, basically. Loved how they filmed "Paris" in Budapest, heh. It was 3 hours long (ok, like at least an hour and half longer than it should have been) and I want my 35 shekels back. Worth seeing for maybe 10 shekels. Maybe. The popcorn was good though. Yummmmm.

Had the difference between ne'ehman and aymun explained to me tonight. Was really bugging me that I didn't know when to use which but now I know. And I want to know what maniac was responsible for inventing like 10 different words all meaning variations of "to separte, divide, split, part." Couldn't like 2 or 3 have been enough? I only vaguely know when to use any of them. It is things like this that drive me crazy with this language. Besides having to try to speak it, of course. But I did speak happily along with a cab driver tonight and actually discussed politics rather than the usual "where are you from, is your family here" standard stuff that I have down. Didn't do too badly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home