Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

F word. F word, F word, F word. Remember that "you'll have two half time jobs" thing for next year that would thus make a full-time job? The next year you'll actually be able to pay your rent and eat, thing? Yeah, I kinda remember that myself. Guess what, one of the jobs has basically done a big disappearing act.

I get a call this morning as I'm getting ready to head to ulpan from someone at the I about changing around this "class plus workshop" syllabus into just a class. I'm trying to clarify with him what it is exactly he wants --the workshop becomes a separate class or...no,he tells me. You won't be teaching any class next year and so far just one the year after that and maybe the year after that you'll be able to teach more...WHAT. I was hired to teach three classes next year. Well no, you won't be. But I'm lucky because many of the lecturers hired won't actually be teaching any, he tells me. Oh, yes, very lucky.

Updating as we speak. Just got another call. Is it possible that I could teach a basic social psych class ...? Not only is it possible but I would salivate to teach a social psych class (honestly, I really am a social psychologist even though the degree says Comm). Ok so next year a basic intro to social psych (in hebrew --that is the hard part but ok, can do, will do). What about a workshop on new media? Can you get a syllabus to us today? It is extremely urgent. Off to do the syllabus now....yalla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home