Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Well everyone can stop the kol ha'kavods because the kitty EMT has to go back and get some more training. I got home and fed the healthy beastlets to keep them out of the way, changed into comfy clothing, then began the set-up operation. Emah's suggestion of a lamp was a good one but unfortunately none of mine worked when I tried to attach the back. Then I thought to take down the picture from the wall behind the sofa (appropriately, one of the famous black kitty in the french poster "Tournee du Chat Noir) and to hang it on the picture hook. Worked great. Then grabbed the kitty and got her settled. Opened the needle from its casing and inserted it into the tube, opened the tube to let out a bit of the fluid and make sure there was no air. So far so good. Scruffed the kitty loosely just to lift the skin up to the proper height and got ready to insert the needle. Just as the needle touched her --touched, mind you not yet stuck--she let out a wreoowl and twisted suddenly to get away (smart cat). As I pulled the needle back to keep from hurting her if she twisted in the direction of the needle I managed to stick myself right in the pinky of the hand that was scruffing her. Because the needle is sharp and she choose just that moment to struggle a bit more the needle went in deep. Ow. Bandaged bleeding finger, got ready to try again... and lost my nerve.

So, tomorrow morning the kitty and me and the bag of fluids are going to go to the vet around the corner and I am going to make him supervise me again on this. It is amazing how well-behaved they are when they are in a vet's office. I will learn how to do this and do it successfully. Argh. Let me say that again. Argh.

I've resorted to squirting water into her mouth for the evening in the meantime. I hate it when I am a wuss. Grrrrrr.

Uh and since I'm writing this folks back in the States, you can see I'm alive and well. Glad we had a colloquiem today and I had to be there early or I would have been in the area right about then because I'd scheduled a meeting with a student who lives here for 2:30 and had planned to head to B.S. after that meeting but ended up having to reschedule and head out much earlier. The area around the Central Bus Station was closed off after the bombing, of course, and I'm not sure I would have been able to make it in time for class. It is very lucky that it seems the bomb was defective and no one was killed. I'm hoping for a good recovery for the 32 people who were injured in the attack.

In other news that made my jaw drop, France's President, Jacque Chirac, said today that if a terrorist attack is made on French soil that France will nuke the country from which the attack emanated. Isn't this the same country that has complained about our carrying out targeted attacks against terrorists? Seems to me a targeted attack against individual terrorists is a much milder response than incinerating a whole passel of people ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home