Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Monday, January 30, 2006

update: Just talked to Dr. Barkan and she said, well let's wait a few more days and see how she does and we'll do the test one more time. It may be that we did the test too soon. The numbers relating to toxicity levels (started with a u but can't remember the name) were still incredibly high (322 when the upper range of normal is 60) but they had fallen by about 130 points from the time of her first test. Dr. Barkan also didn't expect Pandy to be so active this morning as she has been and so she said, hmmm this changes things a bit and let's wait. We will talk again on the phone tomorrow and she will go in for her test on Wednesday. Buffy will go in at the same time and also have a full blood work-up. Now I'm back to hoping. I tell you my nerves are just frayed but having the hope is better than not having it.

*****

I want to run the tests on Pandy one more time. I thought she would be really punked out this morning since it would have been 24 hours since she last had the IV fluids but she was playing on her scratching post and rolling with her catnip mousie when I got up. Last night she ate some pastrama (this is some kind of sliced meat thing that the vet said she liked so I ran out and got some) on her own. This morning she wouldn't eat it on her own but when I put the first few pieces in her mouth she chewed them and swallowed before saying ok, enough. She was less happy about having the fancy feast inserted and not at all happy with getting the fluids. After I gave her the fancy feast she ran to the scratching pad and scratched vigourously with her little clawless paws as if to say, this is exactly what I think you deserve. She's been being her usual snuggle-muffin self, chatting away to me and sitting in my lap or next to me, letting me know that she should be the center of attention if she thinks my attention is being pointed elsewhere like at one of the other cats, the television or the computer. When I sang to her last night she wrapped all four legs around my arm and "nursed" and then nipped me when I stopped. She is the only creature in this world who appreciates my singing. Right now she is sitting in her basket giving herself a bath. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I can't stand this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home