Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Life is full of little surprises. Like tonight when talking to my mother she slipped one little sentence into the conversation that took a moment for me to catch the import of and woulda knocked me onto my seat if I weren't already a-sittin.' Conversation is running along like this:

Me: the kitty blah blah blah
Mom: The house blah blah blah
Me: The weather blah blah blah
Mom: My work blah blah blah
Me: You really need to change teaching jobs after this year blah blah blah
Mom: Yes I'm starting to look now because I don't think I can have everything ready to move to Israel by August and so I will probably have to work one more year here
Me: You definitely need a.......what?
Mom: Did that take you by surprise?

Uhhhhh yep!! I just love nice surprises!

Kitty update: Pandy is eating a bit now. She's eating hard food and refusing the tasty kidney-good (really expensive) wet food I got from the vet. She started yesterday by eating some bad for you junk food (e.g. Meow mix)and then, because the vet was closed and I couldn't get the kidney-good dry version,she moved on to some pro-pan urinary tract dry (also not good but better than meow mix). Not sure if this is due to the anti-inflammatory shot she got on Thursday morning or just because she is getting better. I'm hoping for the latter but will take the first so long as she is eating!

oooo a question for those who live here. I went to the bank last night and tried to withdraw money from the caspomat. It waited a long time, said it was spitting out my money, spit out a receipt and uhhh no money. The receipt said I'd been charged .60 agronot for my transaction. Does this mean the bank now thinks I actually got money out when I didn't get any money from it? If so, how do I convince the bank that I didn't get the money and to credit it?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home