Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Kitty update: Pandy'le still isn't eating real food but she did lap up, with a good deal of enthusiasm, some tuna-water early this afternoon and this evening. I have been loath to give her tuna water because tuna is very hard on the kidneys and her kidneys have been affected by this "not exactly a virus and not exactly a bacterial" infection. She drank a lot of water today --in fact is drinking some now after first doing her habitual "insert the paw into the bowl and splash a ton of water on the floor" routine. It is very cute but uhhh messy. She has been slightly less lethargic today, not just sitting hunched over perched on something. Well she sits hunched over and perched on something when I am not here (I think, since she is not feeling well she wants to be as protected from the other cats as possible) but since I got home has wanted to be with me, either on my lap, next to me, or walking around in my vicinity. I called my vet back in the States and he said "it is going to take time for the antibiotics to kick in, she won't die from not eating before friday so just wait and see."

I haven't been feeling up to snuff today myself, though I did have a good ulpan day for once. After I got back and gave "no longer Fatty 2" her tuna water I took a hot bath because I got soaked to the skin coming home and was freezing. This, of course, caused another bathroom flood because I forgot to let the water out liat liat. Thankfully I have the luxury of having a dryer and so pulled out lovely warm clothing to put on. Then Pandy and I laid down together "for 10 minutes" and I woke up at 5!

I need to get a pasta strainer because, for the second night in a row, half the pasta in the pot managed a great escape into the sink when I attempted to drain it with the pot lid. Am having some fake chicken soup with pasta in it to fight the cold rainy night and my blahs.

I accepted Lisa's challenge and posted something kind of political (an only in Israel! political issue) on my hebrew blog. She noted that very few people talk about issues beyond what they did that day in their hebrew blogs. Well, I'm as guilty of that as any but, thanks to an ulpan essay assignment, today I ventured into ooooo an issue post. We've been having a debate in class about just who is a Jew and who should be "allowed" to be a Jew and of course the whole demographics issue and so forth and the majority of the class just wants to beat the stuffing out of an extremely annoying and ignorant guy who takes a very conservative stance -- and who is quite offensive in many other ways. He's managed to offend nearly everyone in the class with one comment or another.

So not looking forward to the trek to Beer Sheva tomorrow especially with this weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home