Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The kitty is going to Ramat HaSharon today at 5. I've spent the morning getting all her test results from the vet here. Over the weekend she had perked up dramatically, running and playing, eating with gusto and drinking and just seeming to be on the road to recovery. Then on Monday she wasn't quite as lively and ate and drank less so I took her back to the vet for another anti-inflammatory shot. This time she hasn't perked back up, and last night she took a sharp turn for the worse. I was up with her almost all last night trying to get her comfortable to coax her to eat. I had to keep taking her out of the bathtub because she very much wants water but can't make herself drink --instead, she lays in the cold water getting her body all wet. I tried giving her water with the dropper but she vomited it and seemed even more miserable. She goes to her water bowl and lays beside it with both paws resting in the water. And cries. I am at my wits end. Hopefully Dr. Sigal can do something more than what the other two vets have done for her.

I am feeling horrible guilt. If she dies it will be because I have indirectly killed her. She has never been sick a day before and now, because I brought her here and exposed her to these fleas with parasites, she is in such dreadful condition. I put her in harms way. Dear g-d please let my baby cat be alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home