Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Kitty has now been fluided. I'm glad I went for a second training session because I learned that I a)should not have let the air out completely because then it doesn't flow through the little dripper dealie connected to the bag --there needs to be air in that little plastic part so you can see the fluid drip through, b)that I need to pay attention to which direction the needle is with the part with the hole facing up toward me and the sharpest, pointiest part down (but parralel to her body) and c) that was scruffing her a bit too high up on the neck. I discovered that not only do cats behave better in a vet office but so do I. Having someone standing there watching you do it (who knows what they are doing) makes it impossible for you to let your wussi side come out. Home alone, the wuss comes out in force.

She ate some of the fancy feast without being forced. She had her docycline. In another two hours she will have her prednisone. Tomorrow, I will attempt to de-wuss myself and stick it to her.

Today I am going to attack my apartment because it is a disaster area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home