Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I've done something tonight I've never done before: I deleted comments. That is something I am really loathe to do. One set of comments I deleted at the commenter's request; I have zero problems with this. Another set set I deleted because I got an instant headache when I began scrolling through (and through, and through). This particular commenter has been warned before. The final one I deleted was one that was just ugly any way you look at it and I applaud everyone for not responding to it. I hope I never have to delete comments again. This is not a political blog and while posts of mine sometimes do touch on political topics --yes, I do live in the world and am touched by things political --it is not a blog for political debate, particularly if that debate is going to be carried out in a ranting or vitriolic or disrespectful manner. I am not going to say anymore on the subject.

Today was a long day. I just got home from Beer Sheva about 30 minutes ago. I missed the train because so many students had questions after class and so had to wait almost an hour for the next one. Then, the train was a bit late, meaning I missed the bus and had to wait...nearly an hour for it. Thought about taking a taxi home but, having just opened my "this is how much you made" salary statement uh no way. Remember how I was so excited when I got that paycheck in December and was like, wow if this is for one month I am doing so well but if it is for two months I am soooooooo toast? Well, just add a coffee and I'm breakfast.

Ulpan news: Our teacher Ruti got pitra (e.g. fired, sacked, tossed). An awesome friend of mine was awesome enough to go to the secretary and get a "you can go into any class you want" card for me on my behalf today. Anyone who has had to deal with Miri knows that such a thing is no easy task. THANK YOU!!

My apartment is an abysmal disaster. My finger is better, though still hurts. I plan to break the doctor's instructions and mop in the morning because not only can I not stand it any longer but I am having a distinguished guest. Oh and she can ride up in the elevator to see me...Heh, and tell me if it makes it. LOL, it got fixed yesterday but after seeing the workmen and hearing the workmen I'm not sure I wanna get in it.

And oh, good G-d, almost forgot to mention it I'm so nackered: "the boy" called. Hmmm he sounds nice on the phone. He's calling again this weekend (he called just as the train was arriving and so it was kind of hard to talk and hear).

I'm thinking about our prime minister and just trying against all odds to be optimistic for his recovery. Everyone at school was asking, what news, what news, but no one had any. There isn't really any to have yet. Sharon is a fighter and if anyone can come through this it is a man like this. Whether you agree with his politics (now or those he engaged in prior), whether you agree with his vision (current or past), he is a man deserving of respect and a man who has shaped our nation like few others have and almost since its inception.

Finally, I love this country. I love my life. Poor, confused, de-languaged, developing an elevator phobia and a Noah complex, accompanied by flea-ridden cats that cost the farm to feed and vet, I have still never been happier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home