Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

It doesn't look like Pandy'le is going to make it. My little Pandora is at her regular vet right now getting the very best of care. She is comfortable with a radiator right next to her to keep her warm and she was even playing a bit in the big carrier she is in when I left, play-attacking my fingers through the door. We both spent the night at the emergency vet, getting tests and having IV fluids for her. On Sunday we will know for sure what steps we have to take. There is the smallest of chances that she can recover enough to live happily and comfortably for a few more months but that is the best chance there and it is a small one. Her kidneys are simply not functioning.

Most likely, on Sunday I will pick her up and bring her home for a couple of days to let her be comfortable and happy in her familiar little spots and to hold her and love her as much as I can. Then we will make another trip to the vet and she will go to sleep.

I'm not doing real well at the moment and it has nothing to do with not having had any sleep. But I need to pull myself together and put a lecture together for my class, find notes for my meetings, and get ready to have the honour of hosting Hossein Derakhshan at the talk he will give for our faculty and students tomorrow.

I really want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support you guys have given me. It really has meant and means a lot.

Holy sh*t just read the news. The world is definitely going to hell in a handbasket. I can't process this right now, on a good day I don't think I could process this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home