Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I am going to go and pick up Pandy in just a couple of hours. The test result confirm that there is no hope. She will, however, have 24 hours of feeling like a normal little kitty and will be able to spend that time at home with me. Tomorrow in the late afternoon she and I will go back to the vet for the last time. My dear friend Kat has offered Pandy a spot beneath her orange trees in her garden and my heart is full of gratitude for this gracious and sweet gesture.

I am a bit worried about the other two cats, especially Buffy who is quite an elderly cat lady (we think somewhere around 15 or 16 years) because the fleas are still with us and on the cats and I'm worried that we could have a repetition with the parasite. With Pandy at the vet my attention was directed more at the other two and thus I was able to notice that they are still flea-infested --they were both doing a lot of licking (but not scratching) and Mischa kept jumping suddenly and racing around the room --not playing but because he'd been bitten. I put more frontline on them today and have been washing and washing all the bedding (mine and theirs) and trying to clean. I already wash the bedding once a week (both theirs and mine) but think I will start doing it every other day until the fleas are gone. I may have to try a chemical bomb in the apartment next week because the eggs can hide in apolstery, mattresses, and even cracks in the linolium for literally months before hatching out and re-infesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home