Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The marathon is on. Bought tree and bought plant for bookcase. Lovely. But don't do enough to hide the mess. Elevator fixed (thank g-d --imagine carrying a tree the size of me up 5 flights of stairs, which I was expecting to try to do).

Need to: unstop the drain. Drano here we come. Clean the now totally disgusting with drain-schmang crud liberally smeared on them floors. Basic cleaning. Tons of laundry. Remove hideous rug of landlady from apartment. Clean fridge. Clean everything. Clean everything again (my mother is a clean fanatic; wish to avoid lectures and parental disappointment).

Need to harm landlady. Very much need to harm landlady. My electricity is set to be cut off on next Monday I'm told. She never did pay that electric bill for the 5 months prior to my moving in. I gave them all my info to go through, weeks ago, as soon as she paid so I could pay the bills from October 1 on. Called to check cos I wasn't getting any bills. She never paid. They won't let me pay anything until she pays. They are going to cut off my electricity unless she pays. She is not answering her phone. I'm going to her apartment in about 2 minutes and leave a note/scream/"pitch a fit" (as my brother would say) depending on if I can get my hands on her.

On bill lines, didn't know I had to pay a water bill. In NY water is included in rent. Not here. Ooops. Water hasn't been paid since I moved in. Water may or may not have been paid in the 5 months before I moved in. Water may be in danger of being turned off. This would be bad. Spent nearly an hour trying to understand what the heck I needed to press to talk to a live human being at 106 water for me. Could not figure it out. Mayday mayday.

oh yes, write a paper due on Tuesday.

We interrupt this broadcast to return you to your regularly scheduled panic session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home