Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Monday, November 14, 2005

There you have it: today was an all-around better day in the topsy-turvy life of me. I was, for instance, Yaeli to the morah today. Ahhh how did I achieve this, you might ask? It is called a keyboard and a printer. Yes, I wormed my way, in a most stealthy and underhanded manner, back into her semi-graces by typing my essay using the bajillion words (that I still don't truly know the meaning of) she wanted us to try to integrate (lihishtalev -aha so I do remember one) into a narrative. I was up most of the night doing it and I will say that it sucks rocks but it is typed and it is 2 full pages typed. And I was Yaeli and not just Yael. Oh my. Who knew what one little letter could do or mean?

Who knew that Rabin and Eliezer Ben Yehuda have so much in common? I can ascertain that they have at least 41 words that can be well-used to describe them both. Hmmm, well actually, at least 8 of the words are shared in common with Rabin and croccodiles instead. Oh well, he had a bit of the croccodile in him too. Hey, he was an Israeli politician, how could he not?!

I can also ascertain that it is great to have friends with cars. First, it is great to have them as friends. Second it is great that they have cars. Finally, it is a really nice shee-luv (combination) that these friends are willing to drag car-less friends about to huge mega "I'm much cheaper" super-stores so that the carless friends can buy 36 rolls of toilet tissue among other neccessary things. Hmmm I managed to purchase something like 450 shekels worth of neccessary things. When I got home many of them did not seem as neccessary as they did when surrounded by what can only be described as the American Dream (e.g. access to tons of non-neccessary but you think they are neccessary uh stuff) But fear not, I will never run short of a paper-towel again in my lifetime.

And, best of all, I am going to go to sleep in a mere two hours from now. Wooooooooo :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home