Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I am promising a nice long post on Friday all about my absolutely fabulous and fun (eyzeh kef!!) camping trip to the Dead Sea, the visit to Masada and our quest to find a camping site --my first experience with camping Israeli style and heh it was kewl but finding a place was no easy task! (I am hoping also to get pictures up). Because of my lovely fun weekend, however, I am snowed under with work. hey, I knew this would happen going in and I might come up for air sometime in the next millenium but will definitely post on Friday :). I've also been doing a bit on my hebrew blog and so kinda neglecting this one because writing anything in hebrew is a major ordeal (and it still comes out really bad and incorrect and I can't spell my way out of a paper bag <--uh yeah this bastardization again of the "can't find my way out of a paper bag" saying which means what an imbecile!).

What else is going on in my life besides work and more work? Well, I picked up the first Harry Potter book --in hebrew. Kewl Kat inspired me because she is reading the second book (though I thought it was the first one) and I thought it would be fun if we were both reading it and could maybe discuss it b'ivrit. Uh, yah, like that is likely to happen! Anyway, I'm very proud because I've read one page. I will finish this book around the turn of the next millenium when I finish all the work piled on me.

Ahh my exciting life. Ok til Friday unless I find an extreme need to procrastinate and dodge my responsibilities for a short while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home