Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Friday, November 25, 2005

holy crap --my Mom just called and said, um what do you know about a bunch of bills that just arrived today for you after going G-d knows where before getting here from your old apartment in NY: notice from IBM that I owe them $500 for a dvd burner purchased on October 10th, notice from Verizon that they are turning me over to a collection agency for unpaid bills in the amount of several hundred dollars charged early October, and so on. I was like WHAT? I closed out my Verizon account before leaving (and anyway it came out of my bank account automatically) in August. I sure as heck haven't ordered a DVD burner from IBM in October or any other month and certainly not one for $500. She is calling these folks now to try to find out what the deal is but our suspician is really high that either the ex-roommate or someone else has stolen my identity/credit card information and is happily charging away. Holy crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home