Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Can't. Get. Any. Tireder. Impossible? Well ask me on Friday and I'll let you know. Better yet, ask me on Sunday. I haven't stopped since a quarter of 7 this morning and am most likely going to have to pull an all-nighter both tonight and tomorrow (and quite possibly every night next week outside of this friday and saturday).

Good news: I have a load of clothes happily drying and another load in the washer. The washer connector guy came this afternoon, right after I had to flee ulpan (well only like 10 minutes early) in order to meet with a reporter who wanted some background info for an article that he maybe/possibly will be writing. While he was sitting in my extremely messy (yes, still and I'm going to go insane if something doesn't happen to clean it up/organize/unpack it and I don't have the time to do it) apartment, the washer connector guy came and well, connected.

Washer guy left, reporter guy left. I turned on computer and started pulling my hair out over my syllabus again. I can't use the book I had planned to use (wasn't time to order it to get it here in time for the kidlets), I can't use 90% of the articles I would normally use (either not available in pdf, or I can't access them because my nyu access to the online library is toast and I still don't have access to the university library here online or otherwise and...I don't have happy little copies of them in pdf on my computer). So trying to put this syllabus together (one that is useful and educational and interesting etc) is more than a challenge.

I also got a reminder today about a chapter that is due next week --on top of the other chapter that is due next week and that is nearly killing me, 3 reviews that still need to be done for the book I am editing (I may harm some of my reviewers if they don't get those reviews back to me), 2 reviews that I may be harmed if i don't get back to others, and a chapter outline for another book I committed to (next time I commit to something someone commit me --to a mental hospital).

And of course, I have a lecture to prepare (well finish preparing) for my first class tomorrow.

Despite all this, (lamrut zot) I am going CAMPING on friday and saturday at the Dead Sea (yam ha'melech -sea of salt as we call it here). It is going to be a girls only camping trip with some of the banot from ulpan --yalla! Of course, I may have completely collapsed by the time we get there as we are leaving at like 6 a.m. on friday morning. I will certainly have collapsed by the time I get back. Don't care, don't care, don't care.

BTW does anyone want a cat...I have 2 extra, free...just because I'm disowning them doesn't mean that aren't totally lovable and great! (Just keep telling yourself that Yael, just keep right on!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home