Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Can I strangle the folks at bezeq? Starting on Wednesday my net connection has been worse than awful --the connection wasn't just dropping it was requiring to me unplug the modem and restart the computer about every hour or so and then getting even more frequent by Friday. This morning it was dead dead dead. No matter how many times I tried the magic "turn everything off" trick it just blinked at me. The little green dsl light did, that is. So I called and spent about an hour on the phone doing everything I've been doing, plugging in the phone, changing out the cords, and screaming silently. Then they did a line test --something is wrong with it. Well, I kinda told him that to begin with. For one thing, my connection is and has been from the beginning excrutiatingly slow, even for our home-grown Israeli sites. Like slower than the old dial-up connections. No one can come to fix it until tomorrow afternoon though. I feel so cut off. I'm at the coffee bean, natch, to try to do a bit of email because I have piles of it I need to answer. Saturdays are usually my catch-up day with all the emails that weren't screaming "critical response needed now" at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home