Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My emotions are on a bit of a rollercoaster of late and I'm not liking it at all. I'd like to blame it all on it being just that time of the month but I can't. Today someone wished me Chag Sameach and as I returned the greeting politely I thought to myself, no, no there is nothing happy about it. I keep remembering the start of Yom Kippur and the joy of the children. I see them careening up and down the street on their bikes, smiling and laughing and doing what children do best of all: having fun. But super-imposed on those images is an image I cannot get out of my mind --the picture of 15 year old Oz Ben-Meir. Did this child run for his bike on that glorious afternoon? I imagine he did. I picture him racing the wind, whooping aloud with the joy of life. And now, just a few days later, his life is ended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home