Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Can I fall over now? I'm definitely getting too old to be pulling all-nighters but sometimes it just has to be done. I'm really getting slammed with work stuff now and can't even think about unpacking and organizing the apartment. I will hopefully have Internet access soon (maybe today?) through Bezeq but I also have to get a provider like Internet Gold or something too in order to get it to activate (how annoying!). I had to buy a phone for a phone line I will only use to call in order to activate the net service through bezeq today, also annoying. I'm whining a lot today --more than usual --sleep deprivation does that to me. I may have to pull another all-nighter tonight because the "we must haves" and "I must dos" just keep pouring in from all over the globe. Ugh. Why does everything have to come due all at once?

I was so useless at ulpan this morning that I might as well not have gone. I was so tired that, before ulpan, when I ordered a (h)afuk and wanted some more milk in it than they put I asked for od kzat lechem (a little more bread). That should have been my clue to just keep going down the street to my apartment and my bed and falling into it. Sigh, off now to run 5 million errands and then to try to work on the work that has to be done now now now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home