Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Michelle, bless her heart, is passed out on the couch. She has been an awesome furniture take-aparter (tho we just ended up taking apart the desk in the living room as I can't find the box for the one in my room and there are a zillion little pieces of wood etc to it. If it won't go in the crate I'll tell them to forget it. But surely not having a fridge, stove, or dishwasher will mean there is room for it...hope hope.). I wish I were passed out somewhere. I'm in stumble around in circles modes now. Almost everything is done. I just need to

1. pull the boxes out of the closest that I'd shoved in there back in May when I packed box #1.
2. Take out some trash (the trash and recycling is taking over the apartment)
3. Pull out the papa san chair from the "complete disaster" room (aka the room with all the stuff that will theoretically go into 4 suitcases --two for Michelle when she goes back home in two weeks and my two). You can't walk in there.
4. Seal the still open boxes
5. Put all the glassware on the table for the movers to pack up
6. Hide the microwave somewhere since it isn't going and is sitting on the baker's rack
7. Clear the last few small things that got tossed on the bed into a box or trash
8. Fill out the Strand paperwork for the insurance
9. Disconnect and pack (sob) the router

Wow and I still have about an hour and a half to do this in :) I'm not doing too bad for having had only 2 hours of sleep in the past 40 hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home