Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Kitty carrier one, Buffy bag two...kitty carrier 3? Oh kitty carrier 3, where are you? Holy crud! A vague remembrance of a mover asking me if I was taking the cats and my replying oh yes, all three. Now, I'm thinking (cos kitty carrier 3 is nowhere to be found) that maybe he asked if the kitty crate was going. Well, Mischa and Pandy are going to have to share on the way to the vet (ugh, hefting 40 pounds of cat all at once!). As soon as I finish my coffee I'm shoving them into the carriers and heading out for the start of a long day of non-stop running.

On wednesday when I hit the hotel room in old Yaffo I am going to fall into the bed and sleep for 24 hours straight!

Update 8:30 p.m.:

You just can't beat good friends. Chanel and Michelle have been so awesome today and, with their help, I've gotten so much done. And we aren't finished even yet.

*Now have necessary vet papers. No cats killed each other or bit the vet or bit me.
*My old bedroom is spotlessly clean. The door is shut so it remains that way.
*Chanel and I made a trip to the Salvation Army and deposited a huge amount of stuff.
*I took down 9 bags of trash and recycling.
*All the boxes left over from the movers (17!) taken down to the recycling
*The left rug rolled and brought downstairs (can't go out on the street until tomorrow night without a fine)
*Chanel and I carried those two (heavy heavy) boxes two blocks to the Staples and UPS'd them to my mother. Whew.
*We attacked the kitchen and it is spotless now: fridge totally could be eaten off of, stove is shiny inside and out, floor was vacumned and mopped, cabinets cleared out of all food that won't be consumed before leaving (e.g., everything gone) and cleaned inside and out. Walls wiped down as far as we could reach. Window squeeky clean.

We are taking a short break and then will attack the living room.

Of course, I was wearing one of my new white tank tops and didn't think to change until too late. Oy. It was white. Now ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home