Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'm whining again. My bad day is continuing. When I got home last night I discovered that I'd left my cellphone at school on my desk. Hmmm, let me rephrase that: I left the cellphone that was exactly like mine that my friend Buzz lent me when mine died a horrible death several weeks back. It was a better alternative to the one I had ordered online and that I'd have to do a new service plan thing (put $20 dollars on it every month even when not in the country and not using it). This way, with the one he lent me, I could keep my old number and use the month's worth of minutes I'd already paid for with verizon. He went to a lot of trouble to get it set to my number and so forth. So I left the cellphone at the office. No big deal, right? I went back in to school this afternoon after being freed by the Salvation Army and...no cellphone on the desk. No cellphone anywhere. Since there is almost nothing left in the office there are not many places for a cellphone to hide (and I remember exactly where I left it sitting). I unpacked and repacked the boxes I'd packed yesterday on the small chance that, in a fit of complete insanity, I'd tossed it in one. Nothing. Then I realized that the bag of computer supplies I'd picked up yesterday for my "kids" (e.g., grad students still working with me) to use for their studies was also not in the office. Rather, there were still two NYU computer store bags sitting there but both were completely empty of their contents. Now, one of them was empty because I emptied it. The other was happily filled with a couple of flashdrives, blank media, some computer programs, some video games (for a study we're running) when I left the office last night. Not anymore.

So now, I am phoneless again. I definitely have to purchase a replacement phone for Buzz tomorrow. I could scream now much louder than earlier today.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog!
I really enjoyed looking over your last post. Pet peeve #1 - People with a cellphone plastered to their ear while trying to drive. Don't they realize all they have to do is go to www.bluetoothbargains.combluetooth wireless get a bluetooth wireless and make driving alot easier for all of us. Soon laws will require it! Well, keep the great posts coming and I'll be back to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home