Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Monday, August 08, 2005

I got together with my 5 closest friends in the city last night for what they were teasingly dubbing "the last supper" --although it was not, because we will all get together one more time the night before I leave. The joke was apt in one way though --both Michelle and I got food poisoning from the mayonaise they gave us to dip our fries in. We all made it an early night because I still have so much to do before the movers come and I was so ready to leap into final "pack it up" mode when I got home but about 20 minutes after walking in the door it hit me like a ton of bricks. Oh, ugh, eeek. Today I am still shaky, Michelle is still collapsed out in the other room, and I'm too icky feeling to be panicked about all the things still undone. If I don't get everything into a box before the movers come, whatever is left over I will shove into boxes and mail to my mother to mail to me when I have someplace it can be mailed to. Life is too short and I am too yucked-out at the moment to stress about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home