Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

First day of ulpan down. I totally impressed myself by actually waking up. That is my biggest accomplishment of the day. When I got to the ulpan I went to see the secretary to get the room number of my class. She told me that, instead of bet they were going to try me in aleph plus. Beseder. Just before class I got to meet Katherine! She came up to me on the stiars and said, I hope this doesn't freak you out but is your name Yael and do you have a blog? Yay Katherine :) She's really kewl and it is going to be much more fun going to ulpan now.

Then it was off to the class and, while it was fun, it was also dead easy. So after class I trotted down to the secretary and told her I definitely need to be placed in the bet class. She was like, oh no that is very much too difficult for you. I argued that this class was very much too easy for me and I more than knew the material we are covering --not to mention that I'm coming in just 3 days before this particular course _ends_ and starts again at the beginning on Sunday and so if I know the very end of the course information already, it is really pointless for me to sit there... They are nowhere close to the future tense. Finally she threw up her hands and said to come early tomorrow and talk to the principal and that she would decide. Fisticuffs coming out tomorrow :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home