Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Abject. Panic. Setting. In.

Ok, down to the wire now. Where does this stuff keep coming from? Is it possible that possessions are materializing out of thin air? While they are at it, could a couple hundred thousand dollars also appear? Hey, while I'm wishing...Good l-rd. I'm no longer doing the "do I want ot need this?" or even "what the hell is it?" No, beyond that. Into the box it goes. I just sealed box #56. Granted some of these boxes are those little plastic storage boxes (but they all get a number) but still! I can't even blame all the data files I've packed. That only accounts for 13 boxes. And I'm thinking I'll rent for a year, then buy and do this all again? Hell no! I'm renting for life! Never moving again!

I looked at the baker's rack. I put it together. I have no idea how to take it apart. I'm hoping to bribe the movers to take that one apart. The desks are going to be more than enough de-constructing for me. Sigh, where's Derrida when you need him. Ok, I'm getting punchy. Off to throw something in a box or out a window!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home