Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Monday, July 25, 2005

What a lovely weekend! Sun, fun, shopping (of the window variety in my case), and air-conditioning. Doesn't get much better than that!

I got sunburned. Of course. And yes, Savta Dotty I did remember to bring my sunscreen! LOL, I just forgot to apply it to my feets! Ouch :) It is actually pretty funny looking because you can see the nice white extending down along the top of my ankle in little finger trails where I got the sunscreen and then little trails of bright red where I didn't, extending into bright RED on the top of the feet. Got a bad bathing suit line too on my chest and arms where the sunscreen came off while I was swimming and splashing about. Yes, it was so hot that I ventured into the freezing water (I had no idea that water on the east coast is nearly as cold as water on the west coast. I'm a southern gulf-coast girl and am used to my ocean being like a bathtub darnit!). --Note to my mother if you're dsl is in and you are reading this, there was a lifeguard and I didn't go out over my head. LOL.

I slept. Ohhhh lovely, lovely uninterrupted sleep from midnight until 9 a.m. in frosty cold air-conditioned air. I am back more relaxed and more on a normal schedule now. We had to come back early yesterday morning because my friend got called back to see patients (the poor man was plagued by calls from them all weekend and at all hours of the day and night and was very frustrated because we came back ahead of time for something that he said turned out to be "so not an emergency").

I have a fun souvenir shirt from the Hamptons now that Buzz got me at a little store along the main street: it says "Hebrew School Drop-Out" on it. Giggle. I'm wearing it to my hebrew class tomorrow night :) I have some pictures I might post up later.

Today: back to your regularly scheduled packing (and heat!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home