Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Stress level is beginning to skyrocket again. Damn and so soon after my nice little weekend getaway. Left my apartment before noon to run and get records from doctors, meet with students, see the last of my crazy orthodontist here, and then to my hebrew class. I just got home about 20 minutes ago (just before 11).

Worried about finding an apartment. Actually, I'm even worried about finding out how to find an apartment. What areas to look in, do you really need a lawyer to check the lease (and if so, how do you find one of those --who speaks english). Where do you look for ads or is it better to go through a realtor?

Then we have the question of getting a cellphone --what's a good deal, which company is the most reliable. Nefesh sent some info along about some special deal they have with a cellphone company but, because I have nothing to compare it with, I wouldn't know if it is a good deal if it fell on me.

Worried about whether I'll be packed in time (of course). Worried about the two black beasts going cargo and how they will hold up. Hmm I had a list of at least 30 more things I was worrying about on the subway ride home. Glad, at least, to have misplaced those worries temporarily!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home